It can be hard to convince your real estate group to invest in video marketing. Even individual agents have a hard time signing on to using video as a marketing tactic. Video marketing takes more time and effort, and many agents find themselves feeling shy in front of the camera.
Video is worth the effort. 73% of homeowners say that they are more likely to list with a real estate agent who uses video. Unfortunately, only 9% of agents create listing videos. Listings without videos are easy to skip over, and those that use aerial images and videos are appealing to buyers and sellers. With drone technology, agents can capture compelling, alluring videos of properties, giving buyers a real sense of the place.
Video marketing is one of the most powerful marketing tools as it fosters engagement, storytelling, and authenticity.
Here are ten reasons why agents need to use video in their marketing strategy.
1. 51% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI. Marketers use video for all kinds of brands to increase following, gain more customers, and boost brand awareness. For real estate agents ready to invest in marketing tactics, video is a clear choice that has a proven ROI.
2. Marketers who use video grow revenue 49% faster than non-video users. Investing in video marketing guarantees a faster, more productive revenue growth. Real estate agents looking for a revenue boost should consider video as a top tactic to get those sales numbers higher.
3. Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined. Social is an excellent way for agents to share their message and properties as well as increase their following. Agents should consider posting more videos on social channels to receive more shares and expand their audience. Word-of-mouth in real estate is still essential, and social referrals are imperative. Videos on social help agents get the word out faster about their services.
Here is another great video from one of the top realtors in Tacoma, WA
4. 64% of consumers purchase after watching branded social videos. In real estate, videos are a useful tool to display an agent’s listed properties and neighborhoods. Agents who use this marketing strategy will see a rise in offers and requests to look at their properties. Videos help consumers put a face to the brand, making it more relatable; this, in turn, increases sales.
5. Video drives a 157% increase in organic traffic from search engine results pages (SERPs). Marketers use video to increase their rankings on search results. For real estate agents that want to master marketing, videos are a way to rank higher when potential customers search for real estate information online. Unfortunately, not many people click the ‘page 2’ results of Google (or any search engine), so it’s vital to rank high for specific keywords. Video can help bump a website, blog, social pages, and any landing pages higher up for potential clients to see.
6. Video on a landing page can increase conversions by 80% or more. Video placed on the homepage of an agent’s website will have a more significant impact and increase conversion rates substantially. Agents should upload their video business card that embodies their main message on their homepage for the best results. A video on the website will make it more likely that visitors sign up for a newsletter, request more information, or head over to the blog (whatever the call to action is on the site).
On Tacoma Realtor Paul Chunyk’s website, there are several videos that introduce Paul, and tell the story of how he became a realtor in the Tacoma area.
7. Having a video on a landing page makes it 53% more likely to show up on page 1 of search engines. While marketers typically use video to increase traffic for brands, they also use it for attention on the first page of Google search results. Agents should create SEO-friendly videos to launch themselves to the top of search engine result pages.
8. Initial emails with a video receive an increased click-through rate by 96%. For real estate agents that send weekly newsletters or emails to subscribers, include a video for an increased click-through rate. Many people are visual learners. So, instead of making them read a long piece of text, place the content in video format. Of course, agents can reuse videos on social media and their blogs, making sure it gets in front of many potential clients.
9. Viewers retain 95% of a message when they watch it in a video compared to 10% when reading it in text. While marketers and real estate agents alike rely on tactics such as paper ads or direct mail, they are not always memorable. To stand out from the competition and create a distinguishable message, agents should turn to video since we tend to retain that information better and for a more extended time. Of course, ads and direct mail still have their place in a real estate agent’s marketing campaign, pairing it with video will make a longer-lasting impression on prospects.
10. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video. Websites can quickly become wordy and hard to read. Real estate agents who want clients to stay on their website and learn about their business should add videos to their website. Users spend more time on sites with video, which means they digest more information and absorb more about the company. Also, it’s a more natural way to learn if the products or services apply to their search. Agents can use video to introduce themselves or explain what they do so prospects get the information they need quickly.
Video marketing is, without a doubt, an excellent marketing strategy for real estate agents because it helps highlight unique features and the beauty of properties. Videos deliver authentic messages through an appealing medium, which help grow traffic online and drive revenue. For agents that think they can skip the video aspect of marketing, consumer demand will soon change this.